Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Monday Madness with FTDNA

What are the odds that BOTH family members mtdna tests are returned for bad samples???  On Mothers Day I bought my mom and my great aunt a mtdna test for 49.00 from Family Tree DNA.  I have been checking weekly with anticipation the progress of both their tests that were sent back the end of May. First I notice my Moms test date was getting pushed back and I started to get a little bit anxious and then it was returned and was a do over!!!!  They told mom that we would get a 25.00 credit and her test would be done very soon and not have to wait the usual time.  So once again back to the drawing board and checking her test kit weekly,  getting the excitement back again and then the date shows MID NOVEMBER!!!!  Now I am pissed!  Yes, I have NO shame and got my mom riled up and she called (very hard to locate a phone number and it was NOT a 800 number either!!!) and demanded to know what was going on!!!  They told her they would once again put a RUSH on hers and that my Aunt Frances test was getting returned also!!!!!  I ask you what are the ODDS that this can be happening????  Very upset with FTDNA and a 25.00 future credit cannot replace a broken heart!!!

No comments: